For people currently receiving CAP IDD (MRDD) Waiver services the Autism Society of North Carolina previously provided an update here about major changes that were expected to take place November 1, 2011. It is our understanding that the Division of Medical Assistance and Division of MHDDSAS have requested an extension of the current waiver until January 1, 2012.
What this means for you:
- Changes did not take place November 1, unless a revised and approved plan is in place and you want to keep it as it was approved.
- If your plan was approved and you want it changed back to reflect the changes effective January 1, 2012, call your case manager to make those changes.
- Plans currently sent in for revision based on the anticipated changes, but not yet approved, should automatically date the changes for January 1, 2012.
- Plans that are up for regular renewal or a revision not mandated through the new waiver should proceed with renewal/revision as normal between now and December 31, 2011.
- Please stay in contact with your case manager.
- If you have trouble, see here on legal recommendations.
Filed under: Advocacy, Legislative/Policy Issues, Resources, Uncategorized | Tagged: autism, autism north carolina, autism society north carolina, https://autismsocietyofnc.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/cap-idd-waiver-changes-part-2/, medicaid changes |