1. The individual you are applying for must have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum (as identified in diagnosis report).
2. Reside in the United States of America.
3. Be non-verbal or minimally verbal (as identified in speech pathology report).
4. Be in financial need: Gross income not to exceed $35,000 single income family or $50,000 two-income family (as identified by documentation).
5. Have access to a computer and an iTunes account (some programs must be downloaded on a computer and transferred to the iPad due to size).
6. A professional on your team (i.e., speech pathologist, doctor, teacher) must be willing to take responsibility of the gift card that downloads the applications.
For more information please visit the foundation’s website: www.hollyrod.org
What a great opportunity for a lower cost augmentative alternative communication device (AAC)! Some AAC devices cost several thousand dollars (although they are also designed to withstand being dropped and otherwise tougher than an iPad).
PLEASE NOTE: As of early December, the HollyRod Foundation has been overwhelmed with requests and is not able to accept further applications. They will continue to fundraise and hope to be able to fulfill requests some time in the future.